Gabbro - look after the things that matter most to you

Get a quote

Gabbro’s home contents policy is designed specifically for tenants of social and affordable housing to help you protect the things that are most important to you.

* This price includes £5,000 contents cover with excess of £100 for an address outside of London.

Why Gabbro?

Gabbro's contents insurance policy is specially designed to provide you with great cover for things like your furniture, mobile phone, laptop and other stuff you keep at home. As standard, all our policies include:

Comprehensive cover
Cover for your belongings against fire, theft, vandalism, storms, water escape, subsidence and even when you’re moving home.

Customisable cover
Only pay for what you need. Your cover level is customisable, starting from £5k of cover.

Flexible payments
You can pay for your policy on a monthly or yearly basis, whatever works for you.

No hidden fees
We won’t charge fees for cancelling or making changes to your policy.

Payment holiday
After you have been with us for six months, you’ll be able to choose to skip a month’s payment and still be covered. This is designed to help for those harder months. If you buy annually, this will automatically be included in your price.

Family legal protection
This provides help if you need to pursue or defend a legal right in a range of issues affecting everyday life.

Get covered

More information on what this policy covers can be found in this policy summary (IPID). For full details of the terms and conditions of the policy check out the policy document. This policy is underwritten by U K Insurance Limited trading as NIG.

What is contents insurance and what does it cover?

Contents insurance covers electronics, furniture, clothes and other things that you own, which aren’t a structural part of the home. Gabbro’s contents insurance is for tenants or renters of social and affordable housing who want to cover their personal belongings in case they get damaged, lost or stolen.

Optional add-ons

Accidental damage
Accidental damage to your contents while they are in your home or while you are moving home

Tenant's liability
Covers damage to your landlord’s property which you are legally responsible for.

Out of home
Covers accidental loss or damage to your personal possessions when you’re out and about, even up to 60 days a year while you are abroad.

Specific items
Cover for frozen foods, downloaded content and loss of keys.

You can also select our 'Extra' cover option, which comes with several additional covers.

Get covered

About us

Gabbro is part of a group of insurance companies creating products that are fairer, simpler and easier to use.

Our product is underwritten by U K Insurance Ltd trading as NIG and is specifically designed for tenants of social and affordable housing. We would never sell anything that we wouldn't buy ourselves, so you can be certain that it is high quality. If you change your mind, or your circumstances, you can make any changes or cancel for free. All this means you can buy with confidence.

We have set ourselves a number of values which help guide everyone in our team in how they should make decisions:

Customer First

We will only build things that make our customers' lives better. We'll always talk to our community of customers to stay on top of what that is.

Keep getting better

We believe that every single element of our business can keep getting better. We're setting a new pace in an industry that moves slowly.

Our default is openness. We'll tell you what is really going on wherever possible.

Transparency matters

Be responsible

We make decisions in a way that bears the world around us in mind, whether that be considering the environment, supporting diversity or creating a great place to work.

Get covered

Contact us

With phone and email support, our team of experts is here to help you.
We’ve also written a handy FAQs to answer any questions you might have!

Read our FAQs

Get Gabbro today

Get covered

Insure your home contents with flexible, comprehensive cover.

Copyright © 2021 Gabbro. Gabbro is a trading name of Urban Jungle Services Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10414152. Urban Jungle is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, under the registration number 782061. See the Financial Services Register for further details.

Gabbro’s home contents policy is designed specifically for tenants of social and affordable housing to help you protect the things that are most important to you.